Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Words....

It's my life...my story....and stories are made up of words....spoken & unspoken....heard just the same...

...and I am fascinated by the outpouring of words....right now....written words....spoken words...messages...

So I am trying hard to make a note of all of those messages as they occur...it seems significant right now....& I want to be able to look back & say....WOW!

Yesterday wasn't the first day I picked up MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST in 2010....actually it was the day before (January 3)...won't print the whole entry here but if you go to http://www.myutmost.com/ you can find it there....it concluded this way:

That is the way God speaks to us, not by visions and dream, but by words.  When a man gets to God it is by the most simple way of words.

This morning...in keeping with my random approach to things right now....I chose GRACE FOR THE MOMENT (Vol 1) by Max Lucado for my thought-for-the-day:

DON'T MISS GOD'S ANSWER
Is anything hard for the Lord?  No!  - Genesis 18:14

The God of surprises strikes again...God does that for the faithful. 
Just when the womb gets too old for babies, Sarai gets pregnant. 
Just when the failure is too great for grace, David gets pardoned...

The lesson?  Three words.  Don't give up...
Is the road long?  Don't stop.
Is the night black? Don't quit.
God is watching.  For all you know right at this moment...the check may be in the mail.
The apology may be in the making.
The job contract may be on the desk.
Don't quit.  For if you do, you may miss the answer to your prayers.

(From Max Lucado's HE STILL MOVES STONES)

Italics are mine, of course, for emphasis.

Random reading?!!?  I don't think so.  Remember, I don't believe in coincidences. 

Hello?!?!  Did you catch the refernce to the "road"....being "too long"....as in "leading to nowhere"?!?

And from the Universe this morning: 

Yet still, you'll be loved most for being a great friend.

That's just how you roll,
The Universe
 
And in an email response from yesterday's post a friend said: 

People say...God speaks in whispers(you only get the cosmic 2x4, when you don't or haven't been listening)....so, maybe the blank space is giving you the space to listen?

Here is my response to her:

I have been listening...that's the problem....I listen...I hear...
...and I shake my head saying...No way! YOU are wrong.
Look at the situation through MY eyes...don't you see that deadend road looming up ahead?!?!
And then God laughs uproariously and says..."Ahhh...my stubborn, impatient MJ....look at the situation through MY eyes....there are NEVER any deadend roads from where I sit!"

So I guess that's one of my New Year's Resolutions....to be open...to listen...no, actually, it's to HEAR...the words...the messages...
 

1 comment:

  1. MaryJane - you are right on today!
    weird how your words always match what is on my mind!

    ReplyDelete