Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010

First day of the new year....interesting messages....

This morning, first thing, I logged into facebook....and at the top of my wall was a random video post:



It's "Beginnings" by Chicago.

Chicago is one of my all time favorite bands....love pretty much everything they have ever done....anyway, it was cool...and it made me smile...

Now that's the way a "beginning" should look....should sound...should feel...

I'm just saying...*sigh*...

...it was relevant...this morning....

Phone rang and it was an out-of-town friend who is somewhat psychic where I am concerned...so she was on the line when I opened my email and encountered today's Note From the Universe...

I was amused....she was not so amused....

Here's what it said:

I want you to know, MaryJane, that I've ordered up another year for you.

Think I'll call it 2010.

I'm going to put most of the same people of 2009 in it, since you all think so much alike. But there'll also be a few new, very cool cats coming to play - give them some time to grow up though.

And I'm going to have things start off pretty much exactly where they left off in 2009, for continuity's sake. Flips folks out too much when I don't.

All in all, 365 more days in paradise... and only one request of you: DREAM BIGGER.

Coolio?

Let's do this,

The Universe

Bigger than even your exciting & fun business, MaryJane, since that's pretty much in the bag now.


....so apparently all of my efforts to start the year by letting go....with a NEW puzzle...& doing things different in order to achieve different results....is wasted energy & effort....

Imagine that.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised....I mean seriously...when I was given a NEW puzzle that embodied all of the OLD pieces....that should have been my first clue....right?!?

Moved on to my daily comics....and found more insights there. Started with my current favorite, Pearls Before Swine (...thanks to Stephan Pastis for once again exposing me to the world!):



This one was funny to me...because Jessi has had my angels all lined up on the mantel ...watching over me...since before Christmas...nice thought...but now I know why I am still feeling vulnerable...

...and then I moved on to a classic favorite, Peanuts....and today's totally captured in four frames the essence of every other message given to me today....


...timeless truth from Charles Schultz.....

...so I spent sometime today with these thoughts & messages....as well as pondering all of the validations from last week as well....that's another blog...haven't really been ready to deal with those truths yet...

A little hard to keep ignoring them after today's light hearted nudges....

Happy New Year!

www.lifelessons-mj.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. MJ - I will try again! Thank you for your awesome words and for sharing your feelings so openly. You always talk about something that I can relate to - directly or indirectly.

    ReplyDelete