Thursday, October 14, 2010

Confusion ...

Today really couldn't be as disrupted or confusing as yesterday, right?!?!

Wrong.

Yesterday I started the morning with a clear plan in mind.  I was going to relocate the wireless box & modem box so that I could move Jessi's computer into what is ultimately going to be her "new" bedroom. 

Simple enough.

Once I got it all undone ... then redone.  I turned on her computer.  Oops.  No connection to the internet.  So I wandered back into the den and found that there was no wireless connection any more either. 

After about an hour of plugging and unplugging ... I decided to just put it all back the way it was before ... cuz it works ... so that I could get on with the very SPECIFIC blog I intended to write & post before tackling the other business of the day.

So I did that.  Still no connection.  Can't get online at my house via hardwire or wireless from any point in the house now.  Sheesh!

Then it crossed my mind ... a revelation ... that blog I was going to write ... well, it simply wasn't what I was supposed to do today. 

Ok, God.  I get it.  I will keep those thoughts to myself a little longer.

Headed over to the coffee shop to check my email before heading down to meet a friend for lunch.  That wasn't in my plan either.  But he called.  Said he wanted to talk.  And I couldn't work from home anyway.

All of my horoscope messages ... that I found in my inbox(es) when I hopped on line at the coffee shop confirmed what I already knew ... that it just wasn't going to be a productive day ... at least not in the ways I had planned.

Shared it all on Facebook then went on my way:

CANCER -- You are challenged to figure out what to do today cuz your natural rhythm is disrupted by something that is completely out of your control. Naturally, your positive attitude can help, but you must settle for less comfort than you normally prefer. Keep in mind that whatever occurs now is a small part of the larger shift that will take months to process.  Yesterday at 10:21am

So I posted a comment:


Ha ha ... came to coffee shop to get online since the attempt to re-arrange computers & wireless connection at home this a.m. has left me totally DISCONNECTED ... and my horoscope was waiting in my inbox! 
Yesterday at 10:22am ·

Then another after reading my horoscope in the newspaper:

Like the one in the newspaper better - CANCER: Good fortune is flowing to you, perhaps because of all of the good will radiating out of you. All of the information & resources you need & want will be at your fingertips.... LOL Now if I co...uld just make them work together! 
Yesterday at 10:24am
 
And still another after finding a "different' horoscope in another email:
 
ok...ok...enough already ... here's another horoscope in my OTHER inbox for today: CANCER:  You may be wishing you could do things the old-fashioned way, especially when technological assistance makes things more difficult.
 
After going through my totally disjointed day ... full of surprises at every turn ... and blindsides ... I met a friend for dinner & a chat.  Somehow that was hard to get to as well.  Things just kept cropping up.
 
At one point she looked across the table and said, "So, Mary Jane, do you really just make up your mind what you want to do ... and go do it?"
 
I had to laugh.  Outloud.  Yeah, right. That's exactly how my life goes.  It's really that simple.
 
This morning, I got up for my early morning walk with my "accountability" partner ... I glanced at the clock ... it was :30 so I was right on time.  Bright stars ... cool crisp morning. 
 
Still I had a premonition of sorts.  A little tightness in the neck.  Something just didn't feel right.  It crossed my mind that she might not join me this morning ... because of the challenges of her week so far ... and that was going to be ok.
 
I got to the corner and waited.  I walked a little ways in her direction and encountered another walker.  She said she goes to work very early ... she works at a bakery ... and likes to walk before she clocks in. Her pattern was to walk from one stop light to the next and back again ... about six times.  She had figured out somehow that that was a measurable distance for her.
 
I joined her on a couple of passes.  It was nice.  I had left my phone at home so after a bit, I decided to give it up until the next time.  When I returned to the house, I checked my phone for the text message that I was sure would be there ... the one that said "sorry."
 
Imagine my surprise when all I found there was the time ... 5:11 a.m.
 
I had been hanging out on the corner ... waiting on my friend ... an hour early ... walking with a stranger ...
 
Still no internet. Another unexpected phone call.  Another visit to the coffee shop. 
 
Almost noon now and again today, nothing has gone as planned.
 
Somewhere along the way God whispered ... it's ok, Mary Jane ... don't worry about things you can't control ... don't you see it's my way of getting your attention ... of bringing you to the places where you can do the things I want you to do ... instead of worrying about your plan ...
 
... it's really that simple.
 
 
(C) Mary Jane Sawyer, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment