Friday, February 26, 2010

Hectic, huh?!?!

It's been one of those weeks....you know the kind....where you are rushing, rushing....busy, busy, busy....you fall into bed exhausted & roll out the next morning unrested...

...and you think, gosh, have I even been HOME ?!?!

My horoscope this morning said "your life will most likely become MORE hectic in the days ahead"...and I am thinking...is that even possible?!?!

Today I am going to be back to the house in time to have dinner with Jessi....to spend the first REAL time with my friend who arrived in town two weeks ago  (unbelieveable!) to help with the movie, STEP AWAY FROM THE STONE...to rest...to relax...to actually enjoy the prospect of cleaning up around the house...

....and then there's that business to finish with the dozen egg whites that have been waiting patiently in  my refrigerator all week for a whipping!

I haven't taken even a few minutes to blog...and there have been a couple of days when I am sure that I couldn't have put together two words to make a simple sentence....just too tired.

....and clogged up....

A friend of mine recently went to a seminar on blogging.  He shared with me earlier this week some of the things he learned there. 

The BEST bloggers are the ones who can write & post something in something like 15 minutes.  That's what they said.  The BEST bloggers?!?!  My immediate response was what makes them the BEST? 

The obvious answer was...duh?... the ones with the most readers/followers.....

I see.  In order to be the BEST you have to be popular....*sigh*....seems like I have heard that before...in all of my previous lifetimes...

Suddenly I was back in the 11th grade...feeling invisible...inadequate...unimportant...

Then last nite....in a rare & unexpected conversation....the cathartic nature of writing was explored....along with life...death...and the restorative powers of pruning...

In the midst of the chaos of the last couple of weeks, my phone "ate" my entire contact list.  It was random.  I was on one call...disconnected...then tapped the keypad to retrieve the next number...and there was only ONE number there...in my entire address book...just one name...and sadly, it was someone's number that I rarely see...can't even remember when---if ever---that I had called that person for any reason...

Great!  Leave me with one number and it's one that I never use...

I was shut down...seriously...how was I supposed to operate without my digits?!?!

Only lasted a split second....before my mind regrouped & kicked into "back-up" mode...I won't say that I didn't miss a beat...because I did...probably more than a few...the experience reminded me, though, that it was actually me & my ability to problem solve & make things happen...not my arsenal of numbers that make me of value to the project...

And to others...

That's what we were talking about when the pruning concept came up.  And I realized that instinctively I was doing that...pruning....as I have been systematically rebuilding my contact list...trimming the number of folks actually in my phone....to make room for some new relationships & priorities...

Maybe...

That's cool.  New relationship.  New priorities.

So today I will be mulling over the connections between "popularity" and "pruning".....

As for me...the BEST writer...is the one who can share a little bit of life....a word of wisdom...capture a dream...in words...somehow touching the heart of another...

No comments:

Post a Comment