Friday, February 12, 2010

All Is Well...

Slow start this morning.  The snow, while beautiful & a rare treat here, has thrown everything out of whack.  Trying to play catch-up & regain focus...balance...for what's coming in the weeks ahead.

Making the movie, STEP AWAY FROM THE STONE, is going to be all-consuming & overwhelming for the next few weeks.  And this week was supposed to have been spent getting everything in order...planning...dotting the "i"s and crossing the "t"s.....it simply hasn't happened that way...

NOT ready....set....go!

Through the process of getting to today, it has been said aloud quite a few times that I want to be "in charge"...that it's "all about me"...that I am "bossy"....

....a CONTROL thing....

And it's interesting....many of those comments have been made by people who I thought really, really knew me....who have been along for the ride in the past....who I number amongst my closest friends at the moment...

I have flaws, I know....but "being in control"...."seeking recognition"...."all about me"....those really aren't the ones I struggle with...

So I am pausing here....taking a deep breath....and trying hard to believe that this isn't going to be the SECOND verse to that country song made famous by MJ a few years ago...

"I'd Invite You Over For Dinner But I'm Pulling Out The Knives
My Best Friends Stuck In My Back"...

A few years ago....when things seemed to be spinning out-of-control, God clearly said to me "Your life isn't unraveling....it's unfolding".

I shared that story with a "friend"at the time.  She had invited me to her house for lunch to "help"...at the end of the story she said "I invited you here today because I wanted to give you something...it seemed weird & I didn't know why...wasn't sure I was going to do it."

She went to her bedroom & removed the framed message from her wall ....

It says  "A Life Covered In Prayer Is Less Likely To Unravel"....I brought it home & put it on my wall...

It's been there ever since...

Then she plunged the first knife....only I didn't see it or feel it for a very long time.

And there it was this morning...

....in my On This Day God Wants You To Know message....Trust that life is unfolding as it should....All is well....

Opened up my message from The Universe....it said "all is well"...too....

So I am going to shrug it off, I guess. 

The uneasiness....the feeling that once again I am going to discover that I have chosen unwisely in the "friend" arena....

That I am going to disappointed & let down...

The "all about me" thing brought back another memory....

New Year's 2006....when I actually told all of my friends THAT was going to be my New Year's Resolutation....ALL ABOUT ME....it was hilarious...

I was busted out over and over again ....because, "seriously, MJ, New Year's Resolutions are supposed to embody REALISTIC goals!"....

And..."Why in the world would I want to help you become something you so obviously are NOT!?!?" 

Funny.  Too funny.

All I know for sure is that God is in control....not me....not ever me. 

Still restless....I turned to my favorite devotional books...
My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers & Grace For The Moment by Max Lucado (First Edition.) 

And there it was...a message for me...plain as day...bright as the sunshine outside...

"Why are we so terrified lest God should speak to us?  Because we know that if God does speak, either the thing must be done or we must tell God we will not obey Him." 

Good stuff...but it didn't really help all by itself....not until I got a word from Lucado to go with it...

February 12 - See What God Has Done!
"The heavens tell the glory of God!"  ~ Psalm 19:1

How vital that we pray armed with the knowledge
that God is in heaven. 
Pray with any lesser conviction &
your prayers are timid, shallow, and hollow. 
But spend some time walking in the workshop of the heavens,
seeing what God has done, & watch how your prayers are energized...

Behold the sun!
Every square yard of the sun is constantly
emitting 130,000 horse power,
or the equivalent of 450 eight-cylinder automobile engines. 
And yet our sun, as powerful as it is,
is but one minor star in the 100 billion orbs
which make up our Milky Way Galaxy. 

Hold a dime in your fingers & extend it arm's length toward the sky,
allowing it to eclipse your vision, 
& you will block out fifteen million stars from your view...

By showing us the heavens, Jesus is showing us
his Father's (my best friend's) workshop...
He taps ME on the shoulder & says, "I can handle that for you."
~ excerpt from The Great House of God

Look outside....the sun IS shining....

...keep your dimes in your pockets....or you will miss out on all that God has in store for you...

And don't try to show me your dime either...cuz I am far more interested in what God has planned for me than whatever you think I have planned for myself...

I am embarking down an unknown road into uncharted territory without a compass...a map...or a GPS. 
It doesn't make sense....but God said "Go There, MJ"....

....so I am going....


No comments:

Post a Comment