Friday, February 5, 2010

All Is Well....

Woke up this morning....very early....& thought to myself..."How can it ALREADY be February?!?!" 

Seriously, I wandered into 2010 thinking this is going to be MY year.  I have a plan.  It's a good one.  I am going to be focused....& a little more organized....& a few other things....every day I will be on top of things...

*sigh*  thank goodness those weren't my actual resolutions....or I would really be stressed out this morning!

So I spent a few minutes....in quiet reflection....and then came the whisper....from my best friend, the Creator of the Universe....

...it is well....

That was it.  Barely audible.  Short & sweet. 

As I made my way to the kitchen....to brew a pot of coffee...to get a head start on the day...I came face-to-face with the stack of mail...bills....notes about projects...& I was immediately overwhelmed with all that I HAVE to do...all that I NEED to do....all the things I have no idea how I am going to do...

...and I started to feel a little anxious....edgy...

Making the movie, STEP AWAY FROM THE STONE, wasn't really part of my plan.  It has been on my radar for several months...& of course, I was always going to help.  It was going to be one of those fun projects that I participated in peripherally while I worked my plan....

When did it become so important that I was willing to put my plan...my life... on hold to make it happen?!?!

I am not sure that it was ever a concious choice....somehow it just sort of happened....one minute I am a rooting from the sidelines....the next,  the Coach is sending me in with the play...

All I know is that it's what I am going to do....I really have no choice in the matter...it's important...I have to do it...

When a conviction is so natural...& strong....there's really no point in trying to do anything else. 

Jonah tried that...remember.... he didn't WANT to go where God sent him...so with all the best intentions, he simply decided to go SOMEWHERE else....yeah, right....I am thinking that didn't work so well for Jonah...

Probably wouldn't work so well for me either....

Still feeling a little anxious...though....about obligations & bills & responsibilities....I began checking my morning messages...and there it was...in black and white...one of those you-can't-possibly-miss-this-one signs that my best friend gets such a kick out of sending to me....

....On This Day....God Wants You To Know....... that as you surrender to divine providence in your life, you will feel lifted and carried and held. All is well, all is well, all is well.

Then I heard it...a giggle...followed by a playful slap on the hand...."Whatever, MJ...I KNOW you heard me the first time!"

It makes no sense....yet it's out of my hands....guess I will simply get on with my day....



No comments:

Post a Comment