Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Rat Pack Is Back!

Yesterday was an interesting day......one random thing after another.....I am saving some of it for a later post......however, in the midst of it.....I was offered two tickets to last nite's performance of THE RAT PACK IS BACK at the Robinson Center.....& since this was a show I had wanted to see all along....I was THERE!!!!

It's a tribute program to Frank Sinatra (he's IN CHARGE), Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr. & Joey Bishop........and the "rats" are backed by a great 12-piece orchestra. Written by Sandy Hackett (son of Buddy Hackett who was an associate of the original Rat Pack), the opening features the voice of Buddy Hackett as God sending these four men back to earth for "one more show!"

Great music.....slapstick comedy which included current topical jokes....and fine performances all around!

All in all it was a memorable evening....and lots & lots of fun.....if you get a chance to go this week....just DO IT!!!!

.....most likely you won't come across your tickets the same way as me.....& that's ok.....it was part of the fabric of my day yesterday.....just grab a friend who loves to laugh & is willing to sing along with the ole favorites....that's what I did.....and enjoy the show!

.....live life in the NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment