Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mistaken Identity

All of these years I thought Glenn Eure --- renowned artist & OBX character----LOVED me! What a shock it was to learn that it simply was a case of mistaken identity....that's right....today on a random radio station in Little Rock the announcer shared one of the off-the-wall featurettes that are supposed to be funny....but this time....well, it wasn't....it was heart-breaking....

...seems that there is someone somewhere up North.....like Minnesota....or maybe Wisconsin....who's parents had a funky sense of humor....named her after the pop culture things that were important to them when she was born......

Marijuana (yes, that's what is on her birth certificate) Pepsi Jackson (for Michael, of course)......

.....and here's the kicker......her last name.....it is SAWYER.......

so all that time that Glenn told EVERYONE that I was 'Marijuana Sawyer"......and introduced me to Rotarians and others from all over the world as if I was special.....he actually had me confused with someone else.....

Bummer!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, but Glenn is easily confused, even about his own name, which is now one word "glenneure".

    ReplyDelete