Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cadence

We wandered in....into uncharted territory...in keeping with our unfolding adventure...and things happened...things that were totally out of our control...

Apparently we were anticpated. Immediately we were recognized. The scent of it hung in the air....surrounding everyone....intoxicating....

It was all about seduction....the attraction was visceral...everyone was drawn to her in some way...her aura was powerful, strong, primitive....

You could almost hear the primal beat of drums.....rhythmic...ritualistic...the cadence was hypnotic....mesmerizing....

Innocently, we were in a dangerous place....

She spoke openly, softly, and urgently. Standing just close enough to make me uncomfortable....peering too intently into my eyes...searching deep inside of me somehow....I recognized the eyes that were locked on mine....but didn't identify them until much later....because at the moment....I wanted to hear her...it was impossible not to want to be a part of her experience right then....she said...."You're beautiful"...oh yeah, deep inside I struggle with that...and it felt good to hear her say it..."really...you ARE beautiful" she said again...."has anyone ever told you how amazing your eyes are?"....she stepped a little closer...and I just stood there...being drawn in by her presence....by her words....she was reaching me by touching me in one of my most vulnerable places....and I liked it...it wasn't weird like she was hitting on me...but she was seducing me...

look it up...seduce: a)to persuade to disobedience or disloyalty b) to lead astray by persuasion or false promises....

Then she changed her tone...."You are too good for that?" she said....persistently she continued in that vein..."listen carefully....you are too good....you deserve better....walk away....don't waste anymore time there.." I didn't have to ask what she was talking about...there was never any doubt. She knew it...I knew it. I shook my head.....trying to clear it somewhere....to hang on to what I knew was the truth. She sensed my rejection of her words. "You're not going to hear me are you? You aren't going to listen to what I came here to tell you, are you?"

She became agitated. I stepped back....trying to disengage....I was becoming confused....and she said, "Why? What makes you think it's worth it?" and without hesitation or even a concious thought, I responded, "Because God told me...."

She shuddered and turned a little to the side....only for a moment though...and then there she was back in my space....swaying....the beat was pounding in the air around us...the cadence...she physically touched me...urgently she took my arm..."Dance with me....I want to dance...with you" she said. "But we must move over here...where we can't be seen...they must not see us dance."

For a brief instant, I couldn't think of anything that I wanted to do more than to dance with her...right there....whether anyone saw us or not...then I came to my senses...seriously, I feel uncomfortable at times when there are just a bunch of women dancing with each other publicly on a dancefloor somewhere...once again I was being drawn in by her charisma...I stepped back.

The cadence continued....just a little below the surface.....under the skin...

Temptation was rampant from then on. She was intent and intense. Yes...she attempted to lure me into her trap...but I was never really the target. Of course, if she could seduce me somehow through my own insecurities & weaknesses...to lose sight of the truth and believe her lies...it was going to make things much easier and my acquiesence would be a bonus somehow...a victory...yet I rejected her...instinctively....I held onto the Truth....and somehow I stood between her and the prize she had come to claim....

At the end of the evening, she approached me once again...and handed me a card with an email address....and a message...she wanted to stay in touch....and I once again found it hard to resist her...she possesssed just the right blend of interesting & intelligent to capture my attention....intoxicating...I think I said that before..

On the card she had written "I am the Morning Star & my bro is David = Revelations" and then Revelations 22:2 or maybe it was 2:22....it all ran together and it was impossible to determine which was the reference...

I refuse to comment or speculate on her encounter or impact on anyone other than myself. I have done a lot of thinking and a little bit of research on the references.

There is no doubt in my mind now who was staring me down through her eyes. I have been eyeball-to-eyeball with those eyes on two other occasions. Each time the stakes have been high....each time before the encounter was totally confrontational and deliberate....each time I have emphatically stated that I am not afraid.

This time....though....seduction....temptation....confusion....came into play. It's all about choices....lust vs. love...the closer he/she gets to losing a stronghold on someone's soul...the more determined and deliberate and dangerous the game becomes...

So I looked it up..."the morning star"....seems to be a long history of confusion there...imagine that....Satan is the author of confusion...his/her power is in his/her ability to confuse & deceive....his/her stategy is to confuse & conquer.

The outcome? Hard for me to say. I only know how I responded to the seduction...the temption....and the beat goes on....cadence....

True story. honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vu_nmZ1pXc
BEAUTIFUL by Bethany Dillon

www.lifelessons-mj.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment