Thursday, October 22, 2009

Isaiah 65:1-2 - "I've made myself available to those who haven't bothered to ask. I'm here, ready to be found by those who haven't bothered to look. I kept saying, 'I'm here, I'm right here' to a nation that ignored me. I reached out day after day to a people who turned their backs on me, People who make wrong turns, who insist on doing things their own way.

A friend of mine posted this verse in one of his notes this morning....and it really struck me! I am pretty sure that I have never read it in this translation.....


Wow! I have this image of God....as Horshack from
Welcome Back Kotter....waving His hand frantically, jumping up & down in His chair, and shouting, "Ohhhhhhhh! Ohhhhhhhh! Ohhhhhhhh!"


....and, of course, ole Mr. Kotter knows that Horshack is there. He just ignores him as long as possible....then ultimately recognizes his need to be heard.

The part that really hit home for me was the part that says....."people who make wrong turns, who insist on doing things their own way..."

Lost people. I know this reference is aimed at people who are resistant to God...or maybe really don't know Him....but when I read that part, I paused...and took a deep breath...

,,,,because the truth is....that's ME!

I got so excited about where I am going....and all of the possibilities along the way.....that I run ahead.....of myself....and of God. And with no one in front of me who knows where it is that I am supposed to go...well, guess what....
I make wrong turns!

Sure I've enjoyed some of those scenic routes.....and found unexpected joys in hidden places....but it must be very amusing---and maybe even frustrating at times--- to God to see me get so off course when He knows that where the road really leads is exactly where I want to go...

Yeah...I do it my own way....stubbornly....impatiently.....and then when I realize that I made that wrong turn....and I am sort of off track....a little lost.....I struggle with that whole waiting thing....

...impatiently waiting patiently ....

....for whatever is coming next.....

All the while, the joke is on me!

God has been patiently waiting on ME all along! And let's not forget,
He snorts when He laughs!

http://www.lifelessons-mj.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment