Monday, September 27, 2010

A Different Question

Consider all of the different ways to do the same thing

A friend sent me an email over the weekend in response to my blog posts about turtles ... and perspective ... that's what it said.

No one of us is alike, we are all unique, and yet we are all rooted in that which is identical. It's something she says she has been giving thought to recently. The idea was part of something she was reading ... or had received via email ... or any of the other ways we receive little nudges ... little messages ... to make us more aware ...

There is that pesky little Message From God that just keeps showing up .... day-after-day-after day ... I get the little indicator that I have a NEW message ... then I click over there to see what it will be today ... and there it sits ... the same one from yesterday ...

And the day before ... and the day before that ... and the day before that ...

On this day, God wants you to know
... that the life you are having is the life you are creating. Even when this seems paradoxical on the surface, - how could you ever possibly want anything but happiness, - on a deeper level, there is something in you that is making it so. To transform your life you first must understand what is keeping it the way it is.

Repetition is good, I guess.  It's been documented that you have to do something 16 to 21 times before it becomes habit.  Some people say it takes a month or more of repetitive action before whatever it is becomes natural ... something you simply do without giving any thought to it.

It's interesting that the redundant little message says "happiness" is what I want ... duh?!? ... I made "choosing happy" my mantra ... my goal  ... over a year ago.  And I know that I am moving in that direction ...

... at a turtle's pace ...

And I am almost there ... God said so ... just last week .

Still there must be something holding me back that I can't see ... that I'm not getting ... or maybe I am just holding on to it so tightly that it's impossible to recognize that it's time to let it go.

*sigh*  I've done so much deliberate letting go ... lately .  It's been hard.  It hurts a lot.  And truth is, the "missing" is sometimes overwhelming ... more than I ever imagined ... & I wonder, "gosh ... is all of this really necessary?  For me to get to "happy"? " 

And I know that it is ... necessary ...

Another friend posted a quote this morning ...
                     No pressure, no diamonds."~Mary Case

It resonated instantly.  As I was reflecting on diamond-making that Rob Thomas song "Her Diamonds" came on the radio.  Random, right? 

I think not.  Nothing is ever really random.  It just seems that way.  Sometimes.

So I am poking my head out of my shell ... stretching my neck as far as it will go so that I can take a look from a different perspective ... assessing where I am ... and where it is that I am almost AT ... trying to understand what it is that is my keeping my life the way it is ... when I am so ready for change ... for something new ...

Maybe what you really might want to do, MJ,  is ask a different question?
Yeah ... I am thinking ... that's the answer ... a different question ...
(c) Mary Jane Sawyer 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment