Monday, December 14, 2009

Selah



It's very late....and I am winding down from the trainwreck that was today.

At the Selah concert...during intermission....Jessi left her seat with Abbi and their dad...and in a strange pew in a strange church...she found me....as I was sitting alone....and she wrapped her arms around me and whispered in my ear..."I love you, Mom!"

That was after Todd had sung...."It is well...it is well...with my soul..."

It was a special moment and I was touched....deeply.

Jessi has been moving all around the house since we got home...impatiently...anxiously....

As she was heading upstairs to bed, she poked her head into my room to say good nite. And I asked her what she had been doing...and she looked away...guilty but offering no admission.

*Sigh* I knew it.

She'd brought in and undone another box of Christmas things....after I had told her not to do that tonite...which means tomorrow a bit of time will have be given to undoing and re-arranging the mess she's made for me.

So I fussed at her a little...and she hung her head....and she said, "I'm sorry, Mom. I just wanted YOUR angels to be out tonite....watching while you sleep." Then she headed upstairs.

I rounded the corner into the den...and I heard again Todd & Amy...with Allan in the background...

Fall on your knees...oh hear the angel voices....

More than words...in Jessi-talk this says "I love you, Mom!"


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Mary Jane. Love moments like these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was more than a moment...it was a touch...a glimmer of hope...which is one of things on my Christmas list this year...a glimmer of hope...

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes my friends respond to me privately because they have a lot to say...and it's personal...received an email from a friend in response to this blog that was like that...she closed with the following...and I wanted to share that part here:

    Jeremiah 33:3 (New International Version)
    3 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...a couple more comments from my friends:

    Wow. “He that has an ear to hear, let him hear.” And you did.

    ...and...

    That was very sweet, powerful message.

    ReplyDelete