Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Clarity

Sometimes the best gift is the one you didn't ask for...and aren't really sure how to receive...you know...you open up the box...and you look inside...& you think "hmmm what's that?!?!"

Then you lift it out...you hold it up...turn it this way & that...viewing it from every possible angle...& you wonder, "Huh. What am I supposed to do with THAT?!?"

So you look at the giver...a little awkwardly...& you simply say "Thank you"...puzzled by the entire exchange.

Nothing is ever as it seems.

Faith is believing in something you can't see....at least that's what they say....others say that seeing is believing...

All I know is that it's hard to believe...and to keep on believing....even when everyone else tells you there's really nothing there to believe in....

Clarity. Hard & cold. A true reality check. That's what I got for Christmas this year.

Hopefully, once I figure out how to get into it....wiggle around to make it fit just right....that eventually it will fill comfortable...& who knows, maybe I will even decide that I like the way it looks...the way it feels...

...maybe not...

It wasn't what I asked for....but most likely it was exactly what I needed....

...and now I am feeling much like Rudolph....unnecessary & misfit....searching for those missing puzzle pieces...scattered on the road to nowhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment