Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Eclipse ....

eclipse - the passing into the shadow of a celestial body — occultation


hmmm ...

oc·cul·ta·tion    noun \ˌä-(ˌ)kəl-ˈtā-shən  ---  the state of being hidden from view or lost to notice


View of Winter Solstice Eclipse
by Paul Henry...
Looked the same at my house, too!

That's what webster.com has to say about it ... so why was I so surprised that the cloud cover was so heavy that I couldn't even catch a glimpse of the moon ... much less the event of the winter solstice full lunar eclipse?!? 

Seems like there's a lot of things that are unfolding .... developing ....  happening ... that are hidden from view ... surprises ... that haven't reached their time ... not yet ....

Thank goodness I have great friends ... in all kinds of nifty places ... who GOT to see the eclipse ... and are sharing pictures ...  friends who can see things .... that I can't see ... right now ...

I have had two very special surprises this week, though!  And they were absolutley, positively UNEXPECTED ... you know, out-of-the-clear-blue kind of surprises!  The ones that make you gasp ... just a little ... because it's just so dad-gum special!

Those are the best kind ... almost like magic ... but not quite ...

I have sent my short list to Santa.  Just three things.  That's been my "tradition" since my divorce.  A simple list of three ... generally intangible ... wishes.  Simple wishes with improbable, impossible outcomes.

I try to be open-minded ... with no preconceived notion of what the gift will look like .... when it arrives ... because ... well, I LOVE surprises!

In the last four years, Santa hasn't let me down. 

In addition to my "private" list last year was the very public M&M Christmas wish ... miracles & magic ... for everyone!

The peanut Ms (miracles) were too numerous too count  ... as the
year-in-review  retrospective played in my head last week.   And at least five more have taken place ... or been brought to my attention ... it seems that every peanut M in my bag will be claimed & accounted for by the end of the year.

Much like the eclipse this week  ... miracles happen ... unseen ...
covered by the hand of God.

And there's been a whole bunch of plain Ms (magic) sprinkled around, too ... throughout the lives of so many of my friends ... everyone has their own idea of what would be magical for them ... of course ... so those plain Ms have been showing up in a variety of colors & flavors ... based on those individual preferences ...

It's a little less than two weeks ... to the new year ... there's still time ... for a little bit of magic ... to come my way ... it could happen ...

*sigh* yeah, right .... a little bit of magic ... for MJ ...

Now THAT would be a miracle ....

Still, I am believing ... because a fairy godmother of a gal that I met a month or so ago told me ....

Those who believe .... receive!

http://www.lifelessons-mj-blogspot.com/
(c) December 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment