Thursday, February 15, 2018

Another Hallmark Moment

Last night as I was fixing dinner, Jessi showed me her Valentines from her boyfriend. She had a swell silk rose that lit up when you pushed the button on the stem and a sweet furry pink plush dog that Jessi promptly named "Pinky". Her boyfriend, Donald, received a heart shaped box of candy and a picture frame that she had made for him.
Sweet valentines!
I asked her where MY Valentine was and she gave me a blank stare. So I tried again asking when was I going to be getting MY Valentine from her. With a shrug of her shoulders, Jessi responded "Tomorrow." Of course I then suggested that she wait until ... tomorrow ... to get her Valentine from me.
That was a no go. Jessi didn't want to have to wait until the day after Valentines Day for her gift. Imagine that.
I think she realized that I was disappointed so she offered up a further explanation.
"It's in Ms. Jackie's area, Mom, I went there today for my women's group and we planted seeds," she said.
And then she wandered off as I finished preparing our meal.
When she returned she continued "I will bring you your gift tomorrow. It's marigolds. That's what we planted today."
I assured her that would be fine.
"You know, Mom, marigolds take time to grow."
I had to smile. Yes, Jessi, marigolds do take time to grow ... and tea takes time, too.
It reminded me of a Hallmark moment from my past ... so I searched my lifelessons-mj blog to find the post.
Season after season ... some lifelessons remain the same.
Watching the Hallmark Channel...while I am cleaning out drawers in the kitchen...
I know, I know....
Commercial comes on...it's about a father & a daughter....
The card he gives her says:
From This Seed
That Can Not Be Seen....
Good Things Will Come.
She says: Do you really think so?
He says: I know so.
Sigh
I know I'm not supposed to.....and it makes everyone else angry & upset with me when I do....but....
I really, really miss my Dad.
(c) lifelessons-mj.blogspot.com
February 2018

4 comments:

  1. I miss my Dad, too. Love that you're getting marigolds that you get to watch grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent reminder and life lesson. Thanks, Jessi ... and MJ for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I miss my dad too!! :-) great blog!!

    ReplyDelete