Saturday, March 26, 2011

Trainwreck ....

Have you ever felt like you were witnessing a trainwreck ?!?!

You know, in slow motion ... you see the switch isn't set ... or the bridge is out ... and the train is just racing down the track ... oblivious ...
to the danger ahead ...

... and you want to do something ... anything ... to stop it ... but there's really nothing to be done except sit on the sidelines ... and wait for the crash.

I know a thing or two about trainwrecks.  Guess maybe that's why it's making me so anxious ... the waiting & seeing ...

"My life is a trainwreck ... and I am the walking wounded" ... that's what I told people ... after my divorce ... and then my "second" divorce ... from work ... that followed so close on the heels of the first ...

And that's exactly how I felt.  Like I had been riding along .... on track ... then suddenly .. blindsided ... and life as I knew it was shattered ...
into a million gajillion pieces ...

Trainwreck aftermath.  It's awful.  It 's debilitating.  It's really & truly lousy. 
For a very long time.

You wander around in a daze ... a fog ... wondering what the heck happened here ... and will anything ever seem stable or real again.

No one could have stopped my train ... from wrecking.  And I am sure that there were any number of my friends who had been sitting on the sidelines ... much as I am today ... thinking there's going to be a  crash ... it's going to be messy .... knowing it was inevitable ... and yet
there was nothing they could do ...

... except wait ... and then step into the rubble ... assist in gathering up the pieces ... that were worth salvaging for the future ...

Search & rescue.  Tend to the wounded.  Salvage the least damaged cargo. 

I can do that.  When the time comes. 

In the meantime ... all I can do is watch ... and pray ... and wait ...

... for the inevitable ... crash.

Life is just tough ... at times ... but God is faithful.

http://www.lifelessons-mj.blogspot.com/
(c) March 2011

2 comments:

  1. God IS faithful! We just have to be obedient (how I've ALWAYS hated that word), to His will! And, there's the second part: Let go, and let God! I hate that one too! Don't like giving up that control! Then, everything is wonderful, and I feel so foolish for not being obedient...oh well!

    ReplyDelete